Festivals / Holidays               Thoughts On Parenting               Fun Things To Make               The Great Outdoors               Creative Learning

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Creative Learning on Friday #22



I hope those of you in the U.S. had a lovely Thanksgiving with those you love yesterday.  Like so many other families, I reveled in watching our little ones play together. At one point, I was holding my 2 month old nephew and my 8 year old son, who is rarely around babies, commented on how the baby was watching the movement around him.  I explained that babies watch others and learn from what they see.  To my surprise, my son immediately brought over a ball with a picture of a star on it, showed it to the baby, and whispered, "This is a star. This is a star." Then he proudly told me, "Mom, I just taught baby Asher what a star is!"  This simple act reminded me that children love to learn and take great pride in teaching others what they have learned.  In the upcoming weeks that is what I want  to remember. Children love to learn.

Last time here at Creative Learning, we had some wonderful submissions that I intend to refer to again next Thanksgiving season. I especially liked the link to Melinda's, of Rusty and Rosy's Reading, giving practical ways to encourage daily gratitude in our children.

teaching gratitude



What new things are your children learning with the upcoming change in seasons?

Creative Learning on Friday








No comments:

Post a Comment

The contents of this blog, including text, original photos and ideas are the sole property of the author. If you intend to use my text or images, please link back to this blog and give credit to How the Sun Rose. Please do not republish an entire post or post photos of my family. A notification email would be greatly appreciated too!